People have lost up to 44 pounds in six months through lifestyle modification with the help from MV Nutrition.
is the number of calories your body burns to maintain vital body functions such as heart rate, brain function and breathing.
Knowledge of your RMR is the missing link to personalizing your weight management plan, and is critical to success.
take it slow and steady
Start with realistic, achievable goals. Don't expect to become "thin" overnight. Experts agree that slow, steady weight loss is healthier than a quick fix or remaining overweight. You should try to lose no more than a couple of pounds per week.
While this can be frustrating, slow and steady weight loss is the only way to avoid "yo-yo dieting," where you lose a great deal of weight, only to regain it within a few months or years. There are no miracles in weight loss; go for steady progress towards a healthier life.
MV Nutrition follows the Eating Free program for weight management. It's a program that encourages eating more, not less. Eating Free means eating what you like, when you like, where you like. It’s an approach that frees you from guilt, emotional eating, boring meals and hunger pangs. And, it's a program that will teach you the truth about exercise. While it's great for health, it's not the key to weight loss. With Eating Free, you'll learn that, if you only have a few extra hours in the week, you'll be better off shopping and preparing the right foods and taking some time to de-stress than killing yourself to bust out an hour on the treadmill. Taking time to care for yourself, to eat and nourish your body; prioritize your health and diet; manage your work and stress load; relax and sleep, is the key to your health and weight.
- Do you need to lose weight?
- Are you exercising and not losing weight?
- Do you feel tired or sluggish?
- Do you feel guilty when eating?
- Can you maintain your weight loss?
- Are you at a plateau phase in your weight loss?
- Is your metabolism slow?
- Do you want to prevent diabetes or heart disease?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, you need MV Nutrition. Remove the guilt from eating and stop dieting.
Individual Program is direct, in-person counseling and customized care with a registered dietitian/nutrition coach. Programs are typically 4 to 6 months and consist of weekly and bimonthly meetings.
People that will likely want to use the Individual Program:
- Require more personal attention to increase their motivation
- People with uncontrolled existing conditions such as diabetes, high cholesterol, hypertension, digestive disorders or any other nutrition related health issues.
- For active people or athletes that would like to talk to experts in sports nutrition for a more detailed sports nutrition plan.
Group Program is customized care in a group setting over the course of 3 months. Each group consists of a maximum of five people. People in group setting may purchase individual sessions as needed.
People that will likely want to use the Group Program:
- May not need individual attention or prefer to start with group setting
- For those people with controlled medical conditions such as diabetes, cholesterol and hypertension
- Anthropometric measurements
- Body composition measurement
- Personalized meal plan
- Shopping list
- Sample menus and recipes
- Nutrient analysis
- Exercise plan
- Educational materials
- Support and education
- Resting metabolic rate, RMR, measurement
Note that RMR assessment is included in individual programs and is available to group at an additional cost.
Our weight loss program is not a diet, but rather a comprehensive program that emphasizes a sustainable lifestyle approach to weight management by integrating fitness, nutrition, and the behavioral aspects of eating. One of our registered dietitians will facilitate the program.
- Have your own personal weight management coach
- Measure your resting metabolic rate (RMR) to find out how many calories you really need to achieve your desirable weight. RMR is unique to every individual
- Develop your personalized menu plan according to your unique RMR
- Learn to manage your meals. The key to any successful, healthy weight loss strategy comes down to managing calories and healthy portions.
- Be trained about portion control
- Learn how to incorporate “eating on the go” into your lifestyle
- Learn to manage your appetite without feeling hungry or deprived
- Get valuable information that is scientifically-based
- Receive professional advice on how to succeed with weight loss
The price for the program varies depending on the length of time you need and can be paid in installments.